Home >> Microdermabrasion
Microdermabrasion is a non-invasive therapy used to exfoliate the outermost layer of the skin with the help of micro crystals. Microdermabrasion promotes production of elastin and collagen for a smoother and healthier skin.
Microdermabrasion is used to used to treat the following conditions –
- Extreme sun burns
- Deep facial lines and wrinkles
- Age spots
- Pigmentation or discolouration of skin (uneven skin tone)
- Stretch Marks
Advantages of Microdermabrasion –
- Exfoliates damaged skin
- Promotes growth of elastin and collagen
- Helps skin look plump, supple and healthier
- Treats pigmentation and discolouration and improves skin tone
- Smoothens rough skin
- Decreases visual appearance of scars and stretch marks
Who should not undergo microdermabrasion therapy –
- Patients with autoimmune diseases like hypothyroidism, diabetes etc.
- Patients who suffer from keloid scars should avoid this therapy.
- Patients with undiagnosed lesions, warts or herpes outbreak on the face should not undergo microdermabrasion.
- Patients who have active acne.
What one should do before microdermabrasion therapy -
- The therapy leaves a stinging sensation on the skin for a few minutes. Discuss your pain threshold in advance with the doctor and consume prescribed medication.
- Patients who have recently undergone Chemical Peel therapy or taken collagen injections should wait for at least four to five weeks before undergoing microdermabrasion.
- Patient should avoid waxing or artificial tanning of skin a few weeks before the microdermabrasion session.
What one should do after microdermabrasion therapy -
One should take good sun protective measures after the treatment.